Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's almost as if Santa reads my blog

If you haven't read the previous post, do so before reading this so that you may have a better understanding of what's to come.

Twas the morning of Christmas and all through the home
All the family was up, not a single hair combed. 
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that "St. Nick" hadn't forgotten they were there. 

The children, well there are none, to be nestled in bed,
And as we'd established, this poem's Christmas morning instead.
Mamma in her kerchief, pfff that would be funny,
Seriously who wears those? To see her in one, I'd pay money. 

When o'er in the kitchen, arose such a clatter 
We thought it was Tyler, but remembered he already broke all the platters. 
Away to the kitchen, we flew.. well, kind of slow,
It was a late night, we were tired you know?

The sun on the breast of absolutely no snow,
I'm pretty much done with Texas weather, does it show?
When, what to my wandering eyes should appear,
But the pigs in a blanket I wait for ALL YEAR.

With a little old chef, all busy and bothered
I knew in a moment, it must be my father.
More rapid than eagles, food to the table came,
And he whistled and shouted and called us, but not really by name.

Now wife! Now daughters! Now son-in-law!
On aunt and all else, blah blah blah blah blah.
To the table, for breakfast! To the table for food!
Now dash away! but don't take too much, that's just rude. 

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
Come on, I heard nothing, I'm just being a goof.
As I stuffed my face, and was turning around,
I looked to the chimney, and that's where I found,

Dressed in new bristles that covered its head,
A shiny new toothbrush that practically said,
"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I'm so very brand new.
I'm here to be used by none other than you!"

I sprang to my stocking and gave a loud whistle.
And picked up the beauty and stroked its new bristles. 
And with a mouth full of toothpaste I tried hard to say,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-day!"







In other words, I got a new toothbrush, but true to form, I've been too lazy to change out the old for the new and have brushed my teeth three times with Einstein since I got this beaut.

Merry day-after-Christmas Eve!

Oh and HOLLA to my new followers:

Mom,
Michelle,
Addie,
&
Tara

And to those still reading without following:
I hope Santa brought you nothing but coal and you have a Nickelback song stuck in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment