Monday, March 12, 2012

I could have been a millionaire but instead I'm stuck blogging for 15 people because my sister and/or Todd Neece swindled me

Once upon a time a few years ago my sister Erin, her husband Tyler, Aaron and I went to a breakfast and the following situation ensued:

Tyler comes close to finishing his pancakes. Everybody else finished their food an hour ago but Tyler eats at the pace of an 80 year old woman. He had just a few bites left and he laid his fork down in defeat. 


Me: 

Tyler's eyes widen. He begins to bob his head and picks up the fork. Suddenly it seems that the fullness has subsided and he attacks the pancakes with his new found hunger. The others at the table join in taking harmonizing parts. 


Me: This is a GREAT idea for a video.

Tyler and others: Yeah!

Then we never made a video but we thought about its grandness and shared such grandness with our friends and family, specifically a young boy by the name of Todd Neece, who agreed with the grandness.

FAST FORWARD FOUR YEARS (or so... I don't remember exactly... note to self, figure this out for when this is made into a movie based on a true story)

My thoughts : I'm just going to watch the Superbowl commercials, this will be great... and in between commercials I can watch the Puppy Bowl! Perfect... all while I do homework... oh frabjous day!

And THEN.... this commercial played 


My brain: WHAT?!....... wait........ WHAT?!........no.......wait.............. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

I immediately called Erin


Erin: Hello?

Me: Did you steal my intellectual property, sell it to Hyundai, and make millions of dollars?

Erin: I'm sorry.... what?

Me: DID YOU STEAL MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SELL IT TO HYUNDAI, AND MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS?!

Erin: I don't think so....

I then explained the situation to Erin and she agreed that it was strange in fact but that "neither she nor Tyler sold this idea to Hyundai".... as if I could believe that.

I then found my self in a conversation with Todd Neece and he said he remembered my video idea and thought of it immediately when he saw the commercial. Now some might think "oh, he brought it up in such a way that he couldn't possible be guilty."  Reverse psychology my friends. And all those tweets he's had recently about "filling out job applications"... a hoax. I imagine he spends his evenings diving into mounds of gold coins like Uncle Scrooge McDuck.


I hope this happens instead:


The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment