Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Boogeyman's my father

Weird Family:

My dad decided to instill fear in me at a young age. It started shortly after I reached the age where I put myself to bed. I would turn off the lights, get into bed and right before slipping into unconsciousness I would hear a slow creaking noise as my closet door opened.

Yup.... that's right, let that sink in. My dad would hide in the closet, wait for me to get in bed, creep out, then jump at me. Naturally, the scars formed quickly.
Well, I got wise and figured I would check the closets before going to bed. As if that would deter him.
Then finally, he crossed the line and funny dad became psychotic freak.
After checking the closet, and tucking myself in, a hand reached out from under my bed and grabbed my arm.

Yes, he was under my bed. Who does that? I'll tell you who, villains from scary movies, monsters, dead people*, and the boogeyman.

So, needless to say, I still run and jump into bed, and I'm probably the most easily started person in the world.

*Remember the dead girl in The Sixth Sense that grabs Haley Joel Osment's ankle? If not, here she is.....


No comments:

Post a Comment