Sunday, February 3, 2013

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect...

 but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”

This post was written months ago so don't be confused by the chronology. When I've mastered time travel (Aubrey Plaza and I are working on it) I'll fix this.

So you know when you make promises that you intend to keep and then you remembered that you promised to do something but just thinking about doing that thing makes you want to throw something breakable across the room? Well that’s how I’ve felt about blogging lately.

Well I didn’t blog. And I almost threw something breakable across the room. And then I remembered that someday I’m going to have a husband, and when I feel like throwing something breakable across the room, there will be a house full of stuff that was never originally mine that I can choose from. Why break something of my own today, when I could break Aaron's lava lamp in 7 months?  

Plus, I fully expect to have recovered from my urge to tip Aaron's television over and snap his blurays in half and throw his iPad across the room and drop his collectible Star Wars drinking glasses on the concrete floor, in about a month. Because in 1 week I'll have submitted my grad school application, in 4 weeks I'll have completed my 150 page social work portfolio, in  5 I'll be done with classes, and in 7 I'll have a mortarboard on my head and a diploma in my hand. 

Until then I'll continue to feel like Rosemary Woodhouse and assume that this terrible feeling I have all the time comes from everybody conspiring against me.



-FAST FORWARD 3ish MONTHS-

You know that scene in Matilda where the Trunchbull flings Amanda Thripp over the fence by her pigtails and you think "That's the most horrible thing ever!"...


and then it turns into a field of daisies?

Well I'm now working 25 hours a week and have no homework. So yeeeeeah. I'm picking daisies for Miss Honey eryday.

I finished my grad school app, was accepted, and will be choosing an internship placement in 1 week, I finished my portfolio, presented it successfully to two practitioners, I wore a mortarboard on my head and was the FIRST name called and first person to walk across the stage in my graduation, but I did not have my diploma in hand as they had to reprint it and send it to my apartment (and the award for longest sentence ever goes to....William Faulkner; Absalom, Absalom!).

So what have I been doing in my free time you ask?

Watercolors.

And guess how good I am at watercolors....



Good enough to give this to Tyler for Christmas.
(I was going for just bad enough that you aren't sure if the artist is joking and you're not sure if you're going to have to hang it somewhere visible every time the artist comes over.) NAILED IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment