Monday, October 24, 2011

There is something mentally wrong with me today

So I'm sitting on the couch and creating some of my best paintings (by paintings I mean drawings in paint) when all of a sudden my computer just turned off. I'm all like, "that's weird"'
and turn it back on. Then the computer won't recognize my charger. So THEN I'm all like, "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" So I decide, based on my vast technological knowledge and experience, that the problem is just the outlet and I go into my room and plug it in and it STILL doesn't work.

Then I'm like "oh no you didn't" and I start to panic a little but I have to go to work so I decide to postpone the anxiety attack and simply call my techy sister Kelsey. As it turns out she isn't really techy at all but knows how to google and has a friend that IS very techy that she gives all her problems to. So she asks him and he says get a new charger and I'm like, "HOW MUCH?!" because I had to pay $80 dues for StuFu today and really can't afford an $80 charger. But Kelsey, the sister I trust ever so much, tells me $20. So the anxiety subsides and I go to work worry free thinking I'll stop by Best Buy after work.

THEN.... I ask Aaron if he will go with me (because those customer service situations stress me out) and he says "call first and ask if they have it"
Immediately I'm shocked that they could possibly not have exactly what I need so I ask him to do it and he gets on the website and sees that it will be $70.
yeah.
So I immediately start crying.
I know you are thinking.. Kayla, seriously? And you're right to think that because WHO does that? Nobody.
Well, Aaron, as per his job description, rushes to my apartment having heard me sob on the phone. He tells me I can use his computer and we can probably order a cheaper charger online but just in case it's something else let's take it to the ResTech people at Baylor (residential technology... I think... that could be made up.... it could be resolution, or respect, or resentful... which is prob what it is because they really are just college nerds who stay hunched over their computers all day and probably resent everybody for bringing their stupid problems to them... all though in reality I am just a nerdy college student hunched over my computer all day). So we go and I'm still so stressed that I can't even talk to the girl at the counter without crying so I look up at Aaron, he rolls his eyes, and explains the situation. Turns out it IS the charger and I DO have to buy one.
We walk out of the place and I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown... and Aaron can clearly see it coming. So the following conversation ensues:

Aaron: You aren't even stressed because you have homework to do or anything... you just want to be able to waste hours on stupid websites

Me: (I was going to deny it but...)YEEEEEEEEES. (at this point I began balling).

Aaron: OH MY GOSH.

Me: IT'S NOT JUST THAT... I don't have the money either!! Okay... I'll admit it.. I'm addicted to the internet. I have a problem. (still sobbing)

Aaron: Maybe this is good for you.. maybe you need to have a little computer fast.

Me: Pr-pr-pr-pr-o-ab-lyyyyyy

Aaron: I've never seen you cry like this... It's amazing.

I then began to laugh-sob

Aaron: This is the ugliest cry I've ever seen. Are you menstruating?
I then realized I didn't even have THAT as an excuse. I wasn't even sad anymore I was just crying uncontrollably. I looked like Kim Kardashian when she cries.


Every time I opened my mouth it was just noises coming out.
Then Aaron said, "when we get married I'm buying you like the nicest computer ever."
Then I started to cry because I was so touched.

And then, as a reward for my nervous breakdown Aaron bought me a blizzard.

Oh, and don't worry Kelsey's tech friend is taking care of the sitch. Only I still don't have a computer... this is being blogged from Aaron's. He's looking suspiciously at me, as I frantically type, wondering what I'm doing...

And sorry, but my paintings are all saved on my computer so it will be a week at least until I can post that one and the star wars post. Bummer... I know.



1 comment:

  1. For the record...Kayla's parents are not ogre's who don't take care of her needs. We (they) would have gladly bought her a new charger had we (they) known about it!

    ReplyDelete